Monday 15 October 2012

A Productive Weekend :)

So this weekend was pretty productive for me,
Even though I woke up extremely late both mornings,
I still got quite a lot done :)

So here's what I got done -


I defrosted all of our tomatoes from last season and put them into bottles.

I cut out the stems and got as much of the skin off as possible.
I then put them all into a big pot and brought to a simmer.

I also added garlic, chilli sauce (home-made), soy sauce, salt and pepper

I got four and a half jars out of them :)
I used the half jar for dinner (Chickpea and tomato curry, yum!).

I also made
Blueberry Muffins! 

They're low calorie and only use 1/3 of a cup of sugar. The recipe says to use fat-free milk but I didn't have any, instead I used 1/3 of a cup 1.5% milk and 2/3 of a cup of almond milk.
It was a great way to use up the blueberries we had left in the freezer.

They were delicious!
The chilli sauce Mum and I made with our home-grown chilli's
Again these were last season's crop out of the freezer,
we're trying to free up some space before Christmas



Last week I saw these lavender plants were two for $10 at Countdown Supermarket and I just had to get some.
I've been meaning to get a lavender plant for ages as I love the smell and look of them. 
I also had a lavender shortbread recipe I wanted to try out :)

I was going to get four plants 
(to put some by our fruit trees to attract the bees)
But there were only two left! Who would have only bought one?? Beats me

But anyway, 
This weekend I planted one of the plants into this lovely mauve pot that my Mum gave me, I thought the colour matched quite well :)

I'm quite proud of my little lavender plant 
in its cute little ceramic pot :)





On another note,

We had some visitors on our pond this weekend..

A pair of Paradise ducks and their nine little ducklings!
They were so cute!

Excuse the bad picture, 
It was horrible weather so I was in a rush to get back to the warmth of the fireplace.
Also I couldn't get too close or the would fly away.
Mummy duck with the 9 little ducklings!


 Here are some picture I took at the end of my walk I did last week :)


Also,
I had my first attempt at making marshmallows on Saturday,
They didn't turn out how I wanted but they still tasted pretty good!
The reason I don't have a photo of them is because they're all gone!


I hope everyone had a good weekend too!

:)


Ps.
If you'd like to keep up with my pictures you can follow me on Instagram @mylittleeden

x



No comments:

Post a Comment